Thursday, July 09, 2009

R.I.P MJ

The last couple of weeks ago there has been media frenzy covering MJ's death and funeral...
His life and death has always been in the media spotlight...

I am not a hardcore MJ fan but I have grown up listening to his music --but there are MJ fans out there who have been devastated by his death...

On Tuesday night , there was a coverage of MJ's memorial funeral service...maybe it's because I'm a Muslim or I have not been following the MJ updates every hour of every day but I found the whole ceremony was somewhat Hollywoodised and more of a show rather than a memorial service.

I saw the last part of the memorial service when Usher started singing Gone Too soon and then Usher started to cry and touching the coffin. I was thinking wtf???! Is this like a scene for a video?! That was enough for me to wonder MJ deserved more respect than this.Maybe I'm being harsh but I just didn't think it was right...something is wrong with this whole setup...

He has suffered so much during his life with the media constantly criticising his every move...and then to have a memorial service -which seemed like a musical show of talents most of the time. Is that right even when he hadn't yet been buried???
I found having a coffin near the stage throughout the whole time slightly disturbing...

To the MJ fans this may be harsh but I felt that he deserved the privacy of a respectful funeral first before having a public memorial service. I hope the kids and the family can be allowed to grieve and not be hounded by the media frenzy which is currently going on..
The memorial tributes should have come afterwards...but who am I to judge...this is just my own opinion...

May MJ rest in the peace wherever you are...His songs will be a legacy and this is one of my fav songs...

No comments: