Sunday, July 26, 2009

A great loss to Malaysia...

As I checked my facebook page today, there have been numerous tributes to Yasmin Ahmad.
I am sad we have truly lost an inspiring person and a film director who was a great ambassador for Malaysia in the film scene.

I have not watched all her movies but the ones I have seen like Sepet, Gubra and Mukhsin have always been thought provoking and manages to capture the simplicity of life and addresses the issues which we do not always like to talk about openly.

I will also miss her ads for Petronas which always has a universal message that can be understood by everyone from all walks of life and of every background and gender.

You will be missed and may you rest in peace---"From Allah she came and to Allah she returns"...-Al Fatihah



No comments: