Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Spending a quiet Eid in London




The sign of Syawal approaching is often associated with the sound of Takbir Raya. It is a sad time especially being away from the family so I decided not to go to Malaysian Hall in the eve of Syawal to hear the Takbir raya this year in case I started to feel down and sad being away from home.

The first day of raya was spent in Brentwood at the client's office so for the whole day it didn't really feel much of raye except for the raya messages and calls I received throughout the day. Thanks guys for the best wishes and remembering me in London.

In the evening, I bumped into Fareesha who was kind enough to invite me to her and Jo's place for makan2 sempena raye celebrations. It was fun lepakking with them and we ate and played a few rounds of the 'wolf and hunter game'. :P I think I still need to practice my 'sly poker face' though to do well in the game. Later on that evening I went to a late night feast at Bobby's place and met up with Ija and Kak Shina.

I wasn't able to go out to celebrate on Saturday since I had my tutor date throughout the day but on Sunday the London crew gathered at Fazly's house and watched the Rugby World Cup semi finals. Looking forward to the final this weekend! :)

It was a quiet Eid this year but it's nice to know that I can still spend raye with my 'second adopted' family here in London.

In other matters, I have been following the Coffee Prince and this is one song which cheers me up in the morning..if only I can find Goo Yoo's version singing this song to download...I love the bit when he goes "Woah Woah Woah..one more time"..comelnye....










1 comment:

Wati said...

thanks kak rahayu for ur lovely comment..yes it's amazing how we become a family away from here in london...u've been a dear friend to me ..for that I am grateful! and getting me hooked on K-dramas too ! :P