Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Puasa and raya di perantauan.. four years in a row!

So…it is 2007 and I am spending yet another puasa in London.
This year puasa in London has been low key-since it’s the charity audit peak season so I have been on away jobs outside London so haven’t been able to attend MSD tarawih as often as I would like to.

I am grateful that I'm near to Malaysian Hall and Nahar if i ever miss Maaysian cooking. Also I'mlucky to have friends in London who are just a doorstep away. It makes a difference having people around so puasa isn’t so lonely and I don’t get too homesick. I’ve also discovered Fatoush restaurant near where I live. It’s a Lebanese restaurant and the biryani rice is soooo tasty. But the best thing about the restaurant is the service. The waiters at the restaurant always remember us when we go there. We’ve even be so lucky to get desserts free of charge there. It must be the goodwill gesture of Ramadhan.
There is a space at the back where you can reserve for private functions which is cool with its comfy couches. To be noted for another place to hang out in London…and it’s just down the road from where I live. Yeay!

One thing that I’m struggling with is working and studying during puasa…it’s hard enough for the brain to function after work to study but it’s even harder when you’re fasting.
Insya-allah this will be the last time I have to write another 5.5 hr case study.. ever !
Roll on October so that I can sit for this exam and enjoy November and the Christmas break.

Until then, I will be spending another low key raye celebrations….In Malaysia raye is for a whole month but in London raye is only for a day or two days at the most….! Hopefully this year lebih meriah since both raye days might be in the weekend.

Wishing all the Muslims out there Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir Batin! To those at home….think of us in London who have to spend raye once again away from their loved ones…..

2 comments:

Lini Azly said...

hi wati... selamat study kay.. wish you all the best in the upcoming exams.. hmmm... fasting for me this year is non existent.. hehe.. but i kinda miss the puasa in london.. that fatoush place sounds nice.. never knew of that place before... :-)

Wati said...

thanks lini. insya-allah i'm hoping my duas will come true this ramadhan. Fatoush is just a couple of blocks away from mawar..so it's just down the road for me :)
Bestnye u dapat raya with ur new born son this raye...rest well kay and good luck with the move to the new house!