Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Time flies when u're having fun

I arrived back in UK yesterday. I had a wonderful time as always. It would have been nice if my parents were in KL a bit longer but it's ok..I was lucky enough to meet Nuqman and spend time with him and the rest of the family. At least the little kid dapat jugak tengok muka aunty dia ni yang kat London..who knows when I'll see him next.



I also went to Melaka which was a road trip the girls and I have been planning for a long time...since we graduated all those years ago! Amanda (a.k.a. Panda)was a wonderful host...showed us her hometown and all the good eating places to eat...it was like we were doing a "Jalan Jalan cari makan show" in Melaka.

We started out by going to Amanda's place and then headed down to the centre of town for Nyonya food at Makko's. Excellent food...we thought as four girls we ordered too much food but all our plates were empty by the end of the meal. We did burn "some" of the calories by getting some cheap DVDs and walking around the old shop houses area in Melaka where there are a lot of craft shops.





Panda brought us to try fresh soya bean which was different that the usual one because it had hints of ginger in it. I wasn't sure whether I would like it with the ginger but I was pleasantly surprised.

We then took some tourist photos at the Dutch buildings ..it was weird to see a windmill in the middle of Melaka.Before dinner we stopped over to buy some putu mayam( i think that's how it's spelt) and also tried the freshest iced coffee I have ever tasted...kalah Coffe Bean and Starbucks!

The "piece de resistance" was the ikan bakar place we went to for dinner. I think the place was called Medan Ikan Bakar Sri Duyung in a really remote spot in Melaka. The food was amazing...I wanted to have some more of the fish but my stomach couldn't take anymore..and I had my kangkung belacan and sotong goreng...all time favourites!!!



Our last stop before heading back to KL was the famous Bee Bee jam tarts...one of the best places to get jam tarts in Melaka. If ur planning to get ur bulk supply of jam tarts u have to order well in advance. The Bee Bee house smells of jam tarts all day... and there are people constantly preparing fresh jam tarts pratcially 24hrs of the day. We managed to get some last minutes jam tarts to bring back. Damn sedap!

All in all a great day trip to Melaka. Since it's only abt 1.5-2 hrs from KL I'd definitely go there again.Cher-ryl and Anisa weren;t able to join us but we will definitely be making a return trip there.

I'll update the rest of my trip in my next blog...now I'm trying to get to sleep to get rid of my jetlag. Nite nite people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wati... cute nye both of u.. k nor tak smpt2 lg nak amik gambar dgn nuqman hhihihi
anyway take care,all the best..and sorry 4 ething..

Wati said...

thanks k nor for taking the pic..missing u guys already!!!!!!! hope to see y'all sooon!

Anonymous said...

insyaAllah..nanti balik m'sia for good ok..read liani's blog,ade mention bout something..nanti la tanye bile chatting :P