Saturday, November 26, 2005

Somerset House Ice Skating


Ice skating has always been one of the things I wanted to try out and today my wish was fulfilled. I've watched the world ice skating ice championships on tv before and always been amazed at the moves and choreography on ice from people like Torvill & Dean ( former British champions)


Well, I'm a LONG way off from doing those moves but I wanted to try a bit of ice skating for myself. So..I dragged my sister along to join me for a skating session at Somerset House.
We arrived at Somerset House in time to get our skates and take in the views and music at Somerset House courtyard.





Finally the moment came where we were allowed out on the rink. The ice rink was not as big as I thought but nevertheless it was a lovely setting. Ice skating is a bit like learning to ride a bike for the first time. When you first set off on the rink, you feel that you have no control on what you're doing and feel a little bit scared. During the first few rounds, there were a few times where I fell over and I was holding on the bar as if my life depended on it! hehe...

Then I started to get my balance and actually started enjoying myself. Liani and I even managed to skate in the middle of the rink but we were moving at a slower pace than everyone else on the rink so got in the way of a few people..oops!

The hour session flew by and before we knew it, it was time to return the skates. I really had a good time and it will definitely be something I will try again. If I ever get the chance I would also love to go ice skating at Central Park, NY :) Until then.........

No comments: