Friday, August 05, 2005

Trip to Torquay

The only thing I love about my job is the people I work with and the chance to travel to places I would probably never think of going to visit ( all expenses paid!). This week, I've been working in Torquay situated on the South West of England.
We were lucky with the weather as it was a warm and sunny week. ( amazing considering how unpredictable British weather is like! )

I went to Torquay with my work colleague Bev.
We were pleasantly surprised to be there...it was like the British version of the " French Riviera ". After work, we decided to walk along the Torquay Harbour. The town was buzzing with people and it was nice walking along the harbour. There were old couples sitting by the dock watching the world go by, there were families with little kids running around eating their ice creams and there were young couples strolling along the harbour.

I would just love to have a place along the seaside...imagine waking up in the morning smelling the fresh breeze of the sea..........

Torquay was very hilly...our hotel was just a 15 min walk to the beach yet it felt like 30 min walk because we had to walk up a very steep hill every morning but we didn't complain. It was good exercise after the breakfast we had every morning!


Bev had to go back to London on Wed night but I had to stay on until the end of the week to finish off the work. I didn't mind though...


I took the train from Torquay which would pass through Exeter before going back up towards Reading.
The weather was great and the views from the train were fabulous. I took the opportunity to take a few snapshots from the train...

It was one of the best views of the coast I have ever seen.
As the train passed by, kids from the beach were waving at us and making sandcastles...I felt like jumping off and joining them...hehehe

It has been an amazing week...I would definitely love to go and discover more amazing places like this one.......

These are a couple of snapshots I managed to take whilst I was on the train. Sorry...it's a bit out of focus....the train was whizzing along as I was taking the pictures.










My fav pic from the train...:)



3 comments:

Lini Azly said...

wah cik wati... didnt know you started blogging.. by the way torquay is GORGEOUS! lucky you!! hehe... bile nak lepak sini lagi?

Wati said...

Might come and lepak with u guys again next weekend!.Yeay!!!!!!!! Beware Wati is coming over! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics...haii bile la k nor nak sampai sane ni..ehehe