Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Paolo Nutini-Upcoming artist

Apologies for disappearing for a while from this blog..I have recently been occupied with other commitments but I am back (well for a while at least!)

Last week, I went to the long awaited Paolo Nutini gig at Brixton Academy. Paolo is on his first World Tour. It is quite a challenge performing non stop as he's only turning 19 or 20(??!!). I just hope he doesn't get burnout by the end of it all. He is more of a singer than an entertainer but I think that will come with experience..

He performed the crowd favourites like Last Request, Rewind, Funky cigarettes. I love his Scottish accent although there were times where I have to admit (sadly!) I was struggling to understand him when he spoke (and I have lived in Glasgow/Edinburgh for 7 years!!)
But it all doesnt matter cuz when he sings with his guitar..I am just blown away! ;)That is why for me he is one of THE breakthrough artists of 2006


Here is him singing one of my fav songs "Rewind" from his debut album "These Streets" at the gig.





No comments: