Sunday, December 11, 2005

Brighton Trip

I've been planning to visit my good friend Anisa in Brighton for a long time. Finally, after a hectic few weeks I've managed to arrange my visit to go down to see her.

By the time I arrived in Brighton, it was already pitch black. This is one thing I hate about winter ...the days are shorter!! Also, it was damn cold!!!! I regretted not bringing a thicker coat.


We went back to Anisa's hall campus at Sussex Uni. It is soo different and more scenic than LSE. I've never experienced campus life because LSE was in the middle of Central London. Living in London, I have done my fair share of walking but in Brighton we walked practically everywhere. You can really become fit because there are a lot of hills and steep slopes everywhere.

After leaving our bags at her halls. we went out to see the nightlife in Brighton. We walked down to Brighton Pier and had dinner at Harry Ramsden's...the fish & chips was damn sedap because the fish was soo fresh!

Then we went to Brighton Marina and took pictures at the Royal Pavilion. The Royal Pavilion was my fav building in Brighton because the architecture is different from any other building I've seen in UK so far. The dome and the way it was built had an Eastern feel to it.
We came back about 11pm and I was pretty knackered by then and went straight to bed since I didn't get much sleep the night before.

The next day Anisa wanted to bring me to a place called Seven Sisters Country Park which was a 50 min bus ride from Brighton on the way to Eastbourne. We woke up early to catch the bus but it was a worthwhile trip. As soon as we stepped out of the bus I felt like I was no longer in the city. The air was so fresh and there was green scenery everywhere.



We followed the path trail set out by the National Trust. A word of warning to any of you who decide to go hiking or walking in any of these country parks..make sure you bring a warm coat, a pair of good boots and be prepared to get muddy!

The path trail led us to Seven Sisters Beach...it isn't one of those beaches you can sunbathe in but the scenery leading to the beach was breathtaking.


We were lucky the weather was kind to us..I can't imagine walking up the path if it had been raining.



After we reached the end of the trail we lepak and had some snacks on the pebble beach. To be honest , pebble beaches aren't the best place to walk on cuz there are stones everywhere but it was actually not too bad to sit on.


After the trail walk we headed back into Brighton city centre. I slept on the bus most of the way back but once we reached the city centre I was ready to do some shopping. Shopping in Brighton was great, there were loads to choose from and there was a soo much variety. I think it was because the city is tailored towards tourists.

After that it was time for me to head back to Slough. It was a lovely weekend to catch up with Anisa. Brighton is a lovely place and next summer I will be going again to check out Brighton Beach.

Alright, I have to do more packing as I'm going to Leeds tomorrow for work. Another hectic week ahead......................

No comments: