Thursday, June 16, 2005

A sad day

Today is a sad day for the family. I received a phone call today from home my tok passed away today. His health had deteriorated in the last few years due to old age but he remained strong right to the end. It is all takdir Allah "He is the one who gives life and also the one who can take it away."

I wish I was back home right now to be with the family. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there.
I did not spend as much time as I would have liked to with Tok as I have been living abroad most of my life. Throughout the day, I was thinking of the time I spent with him.

When he was feeling energetic we would go for morning walks around the condo and get the morning newspapers. Sometimes, we would just sit kat rumah watching the Star Sports channel cuz he didn't get Astro in KT. Tok can watch any sport but his favourite would have to be bola. Suka sangat tengok bola especially Italian football.

He also taught me many things about the Qur'an. He was the one who inspired me to include the verse 35 of Surah An-Nur in the wedding speech. Everytime I read the verse, I discover a new dimension to the parable.


For those people who do not know why he was called Tok Volvo, I might tell the story behind his nickname for another day.

Tok "Volvo" will be greatly missed by all and may Allah bless him always.

Amin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hie Wati, Kak Ina here. Didn't even know Tok Volvo passed away. Do write more okay!

Wati said...

Hi Kak Ina,a'ah Tok Volvo meninggal on the 15th June , dikebumikan on the 16th June.It was all quite sudden..family pun arrive kat KT just in time for the funeral.