Monday, June 13, 2005

Happy Father's Day

It was another working day and as I got on the train listening to my ipod ...

I started thinking about my dad and I've decided to dedicate this blog to him as part of Father's Day :

Papa

I've always admired him. He is my inspiration! ( corny but true! )
A kampung boy from Losong, he went to RMC and trained to be a Naval Officer and has served the Navy for more than 30 years now...
Even without going to university he has embraced life and made the best of the opportunities given to him.
He has sacrificed a lot for the family....he will sacrifice everything in order to give us all a good education and achieve our dreams.
If it weren't for him, I would not have had the chance to experience the various places we've been to and obtain the best education I could have asked for.

He has taught me many things in life:

a) "Never forget your religion and your culture "
b) "Always be humble "
c) " Dalam dunia ni memang ada dugaan....we treat these challenges as a test from God..it will make us stronger people"...
d) " Always be grateful with what you have "

We're very similar in character and I miss our conversations about politics, religion and life. He makes me want to suceed and do the best I can.
Whenever I'm feeling stressed or down with life, I think of his wise words and how much he has sacrificed for me...and I pick myself up again to face another day!

As any daughter would, I want him to be proud of me... so Happy Father's Day Papa!

If ever I feel down about stuff I often think of the chorus in Aaliyah's song -

"Try again "

Chorus:
If at first you don't succeed
Dust yourself off and try it again
You can dust it off and try it again

A great song to cheer yourself up again! :)

























No comments: