Saturday, January 17, 2009

Boyz

There are a few things I would like to write in this blog but I need to gather my thoughts before putting it on screen...

One of them is the Gaza Crisis: even after 20 days the fighting continues and now over 1000 Palestinian lives have been lost.
The news coverage will tell us about the current updates but I would like to write about how this atrocity is sowing the seeds of extremism in the hearts of the new generation of Palestinians , Israelis and Muslims all around the World....

I will write this , insya-allah in my next blog but until then I have been listening to this Boyz remix with MIA and Jay-Z which expresses the way people felt about America on Bush and Iraq.
However, I think this is still relevant for the Gaza crisis too especially as Israel send their reservist troops as the ground troops gather force to attack the densely populated Gaza city.

Extract from the MIA remix lyrics:

How many soldiers are ready to fight?
How many ready for war?
How many sick of them?
How many quit?
How many ready for more??

How many people say nothing one idiot says it all?
How many people gettin frustrated waiting for Bush to fall?

Jay-Z:
How many soldiers are ready to fight?
How many ready for war?
How many niggas get locked up for drugs?
The Government slinging that oil

How many billions does it take before the troops are home?
How many banks got to collapse to know whatchu doin is wrong?

Gotta get Bush out the chair (yeah)
Give Obama the floor (yeah)
F**** it!
Lets bring back Reagan at least he would get in that brawl
These politicians dont give a shit the hood still getting ignored
Gotta get paid now



So, how many more innocent lives do we need to be killed before this is stopped?
Obama will be inaugurated this Tuesday as the new American President.
It is hoped to be a sign of hope and change for the world after what Bush had done during his reign.
Let's hope this Gaza crisis will be one of the first items on his agenda to fix once and for all. Possibly wishful thinking on my part as there are so many parties who want to have a say in this crisis and it has been going on for decades yet I think peace is possible.

I'll write this in my next blog...until then enjoy the music!


No comments: