Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fraud victim

Yep...I am a fraud victim....It's the worst feeling when you find that the money you have worked hard for only to find someone take your details and take it away...

I thought that using the 'chip and pin' system would be secure but unfortunately people can still find a way...

I'm still waiting for the fraud unit to investigate how the fraud occurred...
I normally avoid using my debit card for online transactions so the only other way the fraudsters could have obtained my details would be:
a) fraudulent atm cash machines
b) the chip and pin terminals i use for random things when I don't have enough cash with me

My advice to people:

a) avoid using debit cards except for withdrawing cash from atm cash machines to reduce the risk of fraudsters cloning your card....

b) use your credit card to pay for items; however small it is if you haven't got cash with you instead of a debit card.
the bank can recover your money easily for credit cards because credit companies have insurance to cover these situations. However, with debit cards it's harder because the banks have to claim against the retailers or people responsible who have passed on your card details to the fraudsters..

I have learnt it the hard way...i'm just praying I can still recover the sum of money the fraudsters took from me....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, whats the update? did you make the police report?

Wati said...

lelaki misteri...and rockband link pulak tu...ni sure one of the bayswater people ni..:p