Sunday, September 28, 2008

Missed Opportunity..Perhaps?

This current entry will be "Missed Opportunity..perhaps?"

I don't usually talk about my past relationships hence this entry will be vague... but those who know me well enough will know what I'm writing about. This blog helps me put down my thoughts and put things into perspective. When it comes to relationships some people say I'm choosy or too cautious-perhaps I am but when I was carefree I only ended up getting hurt..
To me relationships isn't something to be taken lightly. I'm not into having one night stands or short flings.

Coming back to the title of this entry:
When I went back home in June, I met HIM for the first time. I've been hearing a lot about HIM in the last year and I wasn't too sure whether he would be my type. I was pleasantly surprised..proper gentleman with a sense of adventure although a bit of a mummy's boy kot.

Nevertheless , I thought not bad...I believe the way someone treats their mother is reflective on how he will treat his wife..insya-allah.
What I would probably wanted to find out more would be whether he is a good Muslim-even someone with a good character kalau tak practice then I'm not interested. But all that takes time which I do not have considering how far apart we were...
We had a lot in common but in the conversation I found out he was seeing someone already. Missed opportunity..damn! Even if I wanted to keep in touch with him distance between Malaysia and London is too long...


When I went back again for puasa, I met HIM again and I met the girlfriend-I was a bit taken aback-she was SO similar to me it was surreal.
I acted cool as I always do and secretly I didn't want to like her but we actually got on. I wondered if I had come back home to settle down earlier that could've been me with HIM instead of her? I don't know whether we would've got together but there could have been a chance..
Jodoh itu Allah yang tentukan...

There are a lot of things I've enjoyed being in London but sometimes I feel like my relationships have suffered because I've been here too long. I know people say you don't know where your jodoh will be but I think it is very unlikely I will find it here.

Perhaps another opportunity will come...I hope so 2010...

3 comments:

Imran said...

Wati

Been a fan of The Dark Knight since I was 10, sketching him in class and everywhere else for as long as I can remember. Of course, the last two movies only fueled this further. Yup, will update the blog regularly as best as I can. Thanks for dropping by.

On this topic, I think its easy for people to dispense advice, especially if they've met their jodoh. I have a sort of 50:50 view on this matter, yes fate plays a role, but I do think we have to work really hard at making sure we meet the right person. A combination of prayer, and going out, meeting people, keeping an eye out... and Insya'Allah, we will be introduced to our future partner.

Anonymous said...

yep i agree..easier said than done...Thanks for d wise words...:) Keep updating your blog dude..

Anonymous said...

Wati!

I randomly found you here! So, siapa kah lelaki misteri itu? Don't go back to KL just yet, stay here, lepak dulu.