Friday, March 23, 2007

A week of fine dining and searching for my ideal home

I have recently met up with the LSE crew...

There aren't many LSE'ans from my batch left in London but it's not quantity but quality that counts kan...heheheh

If I had to choose whether I preferred school life or uni life I would definitely choose uni life...(apart from the end of year exams & the early morning lectures)
Since I was 6 years old I have constantly moved from school to school within Malaysia and out of Malaysia. So I have never really kept in contact with my primary and secondary school friends.

It was only when I started uni and moved down to London, I met Malaysians from different types of background and some of them I would consider as friends for life. One of those groups are my uni mates.......there are frens who I was close during uni but there are also uni mates who I was not close with during uni but we've kept in close contact after graduation.

We had a mini LSE reunion on Wed night at Awana restaurant in South Kensington taking advantage of the 50% offer valid until the end of the month.
Finally we have found a fine dining Malaysian restaurant that we can promote to non Malaysians who want to try a taste of Malaysia in a fine dining setting.
The service was great, food was amazing...I loved the satay which was the best satay I've ever tasted..so tender!
There were also unique desserts like lemongrass and chilli sorbet, jackfruit & ginger sorbet(my favourite) and others too many to mention.
The owner Mr Lim was kind enough to let us try other dessert dishes...lovely person!
If u ever have the chance please check it out!

On Thurs, Bobby & I checked out the Ideal Home Show exhibition in Earls Court. I love looking at homeware stuff....gave me ideas of what I want when I get my place back home in KL.
The exhibition is huge...ranging from furniture, to garden decor to health & beauty to house entertainment technology.... You would need at least a full day just to cover the whole area!

We met this Indian manufacturer who came to the exhibition from Northern India bringing small furniture ornaments which were exquisitely crafted. He said it is a dying trade because not enough young people want to learn and take up the trade. It's a sad thought when you can see that the crftsmanship is so beautiful. I bought an incense holder and incense sticks from the stall which I absolutely loved. Keeps me going when I'm studying.








1 comment:

Imran said...

Beautiful ornament. Miss Awana! Thank god I tried out a bulk of their menu while I was there hehe.